Business news: Tesla Cybertruck coming, US await retail data
By Jenny McCall
12:51, 14 January 2022
News announced late last night shows that US sports streaming company DAZN may buy UK’s BT Sport for an estimated $800m. This would give the company access to sought-after rights to stream English Premier League (EPL) matches, according to Reuters.
Tesla Inc (TSLA) will launch its much-hyped Cybertruck at the start of 2023, a source told Reuters.
North Korea has fired two ballistic missiles today, this was its third in less than two weeks and came just hours after critiquing new US imposed sanctions, which have been authorised by President Joe Biden.
What is your sentiment on BTC/USD?
Top business and economic news today
- Citigroup has announced it will sell its consumer business in four of its Southeast Asian markets to United Overseas Bank for $5bn.
- China will release crude oil from its reserves in February, it was announced today.
- Stocks: European stocks fell on Friday and Wall Street futures singled a mixed opening as investors braced themselves for rate hikes.
- Oil: Oil futures rose today, with brent crude hitting a two-month high.
- Gold: Gold prices held on to its 1-week high today.
- Forex: US dollar fell today to its lowest in more than two months.
- Crypto: Bitcoin fell by 3.46% today, alongside Ethereum, which plunged by over 4%.
What to watch today
- US retail sales data due at 1330 GMT