Business News: Apple (APPL) revenue up, Chevron (CVX) misses
By Jenny McCall
13:15, 28 January 2022
Apple (AAPL) first quarter revenue rose 11% year over year to a record $123.9bn.
What is your sentiment on ETH/USD?
Vote to see Traders sentiment!
Top business and economic news
- Chevron (CVX) announced today fourth quarter profit of $5.1bn that had missed Wall Street estimates. Revenue of $48.1bn topped expectations.
- Apple (AAPL) says its sees encouraging signs of supply chain improvements
- Stocks: US stock futures are indicating a lower open as investors react to signals by the US Federal Reserve of approaching interest rate hikes.
- Oil: Oil prices rose again today as geopolitical tensions lead to concerns growing over supply.
- Gold: Gold prices were down on concern over future US Federal Reserve interest rate increases.
- Forex: The US dollar continued to rise today, as higher interest rates fuelled the currency's gains against rivals.
- Crypto: Bitcoin was down 0.89% and Ethereum fell 3% by afternoon today.
What to watch today
- Japan's SoftBank Group (9984) announced today that its chief operating officer, Marcelo Claure, is leaving. This latest news follows a string of other high-profile departures.
Markets in this article