What is General Standard?
General Standard is a market segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (FRA), which is located in Germany. As part of the Regulated Market, businesses in the General Standard segment are required by law to meet high transparency requirements.
Where have you heard about General Standard?
You may have heard the term General Standard in global markets and finance news.
What you need to know about General Standard.
The General Standard is designed for medium and large sized businesses that meet the ffollowing conditions:
- Valid and audited securities prospectus, which provides details of a share offer
- 3 years’ reporting history
- Price value of at least €1.25 million
- Minimum of 10,000 shares to be admitted to trading
- Free-float to be at least 25%
Once listed, a General Standard business must:
- Publish its annual financial report within four months after the end of each financial year
- Publish its half-yearly financial report within three months of the end of the reporting period
- Disclose ad-hoc reports, directors’ dealings, lists of insiders and the total number of voting rights