Indian stock markets look strong as Asia opens upbeat
By Vinu Lal
03:06, 15 November 2021
Indian stocks look to open trade on firm grounds on Monday if trends from SGX Nifty futures are any indication.
SGX Nifty futures, which represent Indian stocks, were trading up 0.20% on Monday morning trades as Asian shares opened strong across all key regions riding on global equities gains.
Wall Street indices closed on Friday on a promising note as investors largely ignored worrying economic data even as the weekly close were at lower levels from the previous Friday closing. Dow gained 0.50, S&P 500 gained 0.72% while Nasdaq climbed 1% on Friday
The US dollar, on Monday, traded quite close to its 16-month high as currency traders awaited fresh cues from Federal Reserve on monetary policy directions.
Key things to note before trade
- Key stocks to declare results: Rajesh Exports, Tinplate Company and Aditya Birla Money
- The parent company of policybazaar.com and paisabazaar.com PB Fintech will begin trading
- ONGC reported the highest-ever quarterly earnings at INR183.47bn for the quarter ended 30 September
- Fino Payments Bank reported a 74% jump in its net profit for the July-September quarter
- Nykaa parent company FSN E-Commerce Ventures reported a net profit of INR12m for the July-September