CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
US English

SCA Property (SCP) to form $530m venture with GIC

By Andreas Ismar

07:26, 3 December 2021

A shopping centre in Melbourne, Australia
A shopping centre in Melbourne, Australia – Photo: Shutterstock

SCA Property Group (SCP), a real estate investment trust firm, plans to establish a AUD750m ($530m) joint venture firm with Singapore’s GIC to invest in shopping centres across Australia.

GIC will own an 80% stake in the joint venture firm, SCA Metro Convenience Shopping Centre Fund, while SCA Property will hold the remaining 20% and become the investment manager of the venture.

“The establishment of a long-term strategic partnership with GIC represents an exciting opportunity for SCP to pursue opportunities on an expanded basis in the convenience retail sector,” SCA Property said in a statement.

Deal to conclude in January

The deal, which requires approval from the Foreign Investment Review Board, is expected to be completed at the end of January.


16,052.40 Price
-0.140% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0262%
Short position overnight fee 0.0040%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 1.8

Oil - Crude

71.67 Price
+0.340% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0204%
Short position overnight fee -0.0015%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 0.030


1,996.33 Price
-0.460% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0199%
Short position overnight fee 0.0117%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 0.50


0.63 Price
-6.010% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0753%
Short position overnight fee 0.0069%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 0.01168

“The investment criteria of the JV ensures that there is limited conflict with SCP’s balance sheet activities, with the JV to have a first right over neighbourhood assets in the Sydney and Melbourne metropolitan areas until the target A$750m of asset level has been achieved,” SCA Property said.

SCA Property’s portfolios include 92 shopping centres and three realty funds in Australia. Shares in SCA Property ended flat at AUD2.76 on Friday.

Read more: Australia’s GDP contracts less than expected in third quarter

Rate this article

The difference between trading assets and CFDs
The main difference between CFD trading and trading assets, such as commodities and stocks, is that you don’t own the underlying asset when you trade on a CFD.
You can still benefit if the market moves in your favour, or make a loss if it moves against you. However, with traditional trading you enter a contract to exchange the legal ownership of the individual shares or the commodities for money, and you own this until you sell it again.
CFDs are leveraged products, which means that you only need to deposit a percentage of the full value of the CFD trade in order to open a position. But with traditional trading, you buy the assets for the full amount. In the UK, there is no stamp duty on CFD trading, but there is when you buy stocks, for example.
CFDs attract overnight costs to hold the trades (unless you use 1-1 leverage), which makes them more suited to short-term trading opportunities. Stocks and commodities are more normally bought and held for longer. You might also pay a broker commission or fees when buying and selling assets direct and you’d need somewhere to store them safely.
Capital Com is an execution-only service provider. The material provided on this website is for information purposes only and should not be understood as an investment advice. Any opinion that may be provided on this page does not constitute a recommendation by Capital Com or its agents. We do not make any representations or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the information that is provided on this page. If you rely on the information on this page then you do so entirely on your own risk.

Still looking for a broker you can trust?

Join the 570.000+ traders worldwide that chose to trade with

1. Create & verify your account 2. Make your first deposit 3. You’re all set. Start trading