Revolution Bars has posted a strong set of Christmas trading figures. Like-for-like sales in the four weeks from December 4 increased 5.9%, a record performance, according to the company.
Revolution has also revealed an update for the half-year to January 6, in which comparable sales rose 1.9%.
In the second quarter, like-for-like sales were up 3.1% and the group said the results were achieved despite a backdrop of “inclement weather” in December and between Christmas and New Year. Reported revenue for the 26 weeks to December 30 rose 10.6% to £73.7m.
Commenting on the lasts numbers, executive chairman Keith Edelman said: “This is the fifth year that the group has recorded record results over the key trading period and again demonstrates the appeal of our brands.
“This excellent result underlines that the group is delivering on its strategy of expanding the two brands whilst continuing to drive like-for-like growth in the core estate.”
Revolution, which owns more than 60 Revolution and Revolucion de Cuba high street bars, opened four new venues during the half, in Belfast, Solihull, Inverness and Putney.
The group, was a takeover target last year as sector rivals Deltic and Stonegate both expressed serious interest. Slug And Lettuce owner Stonegate submitted a £101.5m bid for the group.
The Stonegate’s takeover collapsed in October after Revolution shareholders rejected the bid.
Night club owner Deltic’s efforts to structure an agreement whereby Revolution would own 65% of a combined entity and Deltic the remaining 35%, was also rejected.
It remains to be seen if any further moves are made in 2018 on Revolution.