CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 78.1% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
US English

Boston Scientific buys 84% Devoro Medical stake for $269m

By Joyanta Acharjee

15:51, 21 September 2021

A close-up of the human arterial system
A close-up of the human arterial system – Photo: Shutterstock

Medical device-maker Boston Scientific announced today that it has agreed to fully acquire Devoro Medical for $269m (£197m), with a further $67m of potential clinical and regulatory milestone payments. It expects to complete its acquisition of Devoro by the end of the year.

The Marlborough, Massachusetts-based company has held a 16% stake in Devoro Medical since 2019, and on Tuesday it agreed to buy the remaining 84%. Boston Scientific makes medical devices used in medical fields such as radiology, cardiology, oncology and gynecology.

Devoro is the developer of the WOLF Thrombectomy platform, which rapidly captures blood clots in arteries and veins using finger-like prongs that retrieve and remove thrombi in the arterial and venous systems without damaging blood vessels, thus minimising blood loss. 

Shares up 1.6%

“The addition of the WOLF platform advances our efforts to ensure physicians have the right tools to improve procedural efficiencies,” said Boston Scientific’s executive vice president and president of Peripheral Interventions, Jeff Mirviss, in the press release.

Gold

2,021.22 Price
-0.260% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0185%
Short position overnight fee 0.0103%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 0.30

Oil - Crude

78.73 Price
+0.900% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee 0.0161%
Short position overnight fee -0.0380%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 0.030

US100

17,962.80 Price
+1.760% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0262%
Short position overnight fee 0.0039%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 1.8

BTC/USD

51,656.25 Price
+0.410% 1D Chg, %
Long position overnight fee -0.0616%
Short position overnight fee 0.0137%
Overnight fee time 22:00 (UTC)
Spread 106.00

“Clot management remains a core focus of our business, and upon commercialisation, this highly differentiated technology will complement and expand our offerings to a full suite of interventional strategies for thromboemboli, which also includes the EkoSonic Endovascular System and the AngioJet Thrombectomy System,” he added.

Boston Scientific shares rose by 1.6% to $43.76 on Tuesday following the news. 

Read more: Smith & Nephew report soaring sales as it recovers from COVID-19

Markets in this article

BSX
Boston Scientific
66.58 USD
0.8 +1.220%
BSX
Boston Scientific
66.58 USD
0.8 +1.220%

Rate this article

Capital Com is an execution-only service provider. The material provided on this website is for information purposes only and should not be understood as an investment advice. Any opinion that may be provided on this page does not constitute a recommendation by Capital Com or its agents. We do not make any representations or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the information that is provided on this page. If you rely on the information on this page then you do so entirely on your own risk.

Still looking for a broker you can trust?

Join the 580.000+ traders worldwide that chose to trade with Capital.com

1. Create & verify your account 2. Make your first deposit 3. You’re all set. Start trading