Global Financial Centres Index
What is the Global Financial Centres Index?
A competitive ranking of financial centres, compiled from over 29,000 financial centre assessments along with 100 indices including the Economists Intelligence Unit. It's sponsored by the Qatar Financial Centre Authority and is often quoted as the leading source for quoting financial centres.
Where have you heard about the Global Financial Centres Index?
It is published twice a year by London based commercial think-Tank Y/Zen. The ranking is a composite of indices from five specific areas. These areas are “human capital” “reputation and general factors” “infrastructure factors” “business environment” and “ financial sector development”.
What you need to know about the Global Financial Centres Index.
The five key areas account for different things:
- Infrastructure Factors: These summarise the price and efficiency of public transport, as well as price and availability of office space
- Financial Sector Development: These factors measure the volume and value of trading in capital markets, and the economic and employment output indicators
- Human Capital: This focuses on the strength and flexibility of the labour market, the quality of the business education and the overall quality of life
- Business Environment: These factors measure the levels of corruption, economic freedom, regulation, and tax rates
- Reputation and General factors: This area takes into account brand appeal, cultural diversity, innovation and positioning